Monday, April 25, 2005

Can't . . . Make it . . . Without . . . Coffee . . .

I tried. I did. I came to work this morning completely bypassing the Dunkin' Donuts on the corner and drank black tea all morning. Then, at about 3 o'clock (which is usually when I get an intense chocolate craving), my eyelids became heavy and I could feel myself slowly drifting away from consciousness . . . and then I snapped to attention and realized that my experiment didn't work. I need coffee. So I went and grabbed a cup. Now I'm sipping it and I am hoping to come out of this fog before I have to go to work at the restaurant in an hour. YAWN!


My brother just started working in the kitchen at the Lark Tavern. It's good money and it's much better for him than working with a bunch of juvenile delinquents at a fast-food joint. And the kitchen manager just gave him a car. A car for goodness sake! What can I say? Sometimes the kid gets lucky.

No comments: