Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Asa and Mitch


Asa and Mitch
Originally uploaded by
kathrynjo.
Augh! My brother's dog Asa shattered his hip bone by falling down the treacherous back staircase of my brother's apartment building. So this (production day) morning was spent at the vet and calling various members of my family to try to gather the couple thousand dollars it's going to cost for Asa's surgery (which is tomorrow at 8 AM). The poor dog needs a pin through his bone to secure it in place--the bone is broken diagonally in two spots. What a terrible morning. Then I have to deal with my family who (with the exception of my mom, who's broke) are less than willing to help Mitch out financially. And I have to deal with all the "this why I don't have pets" comments. SO NOT THE POINT, PEOPLE! It's enough to drive a girl absolutely crazy. Regardless, Asa will have his surgery and he'll be just fine, and Mitch will be in debt for the rest of his 20s because of it. Oh well.

No comments: