Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Move

Since the last time I posted (excluding my laundry epiphany), a lot has happened. Nate and I moved to Brooklyn on Aug. 31. I drove to Albany from my gram's (from where I had been commuting into Manhattan) on Wednesday night, and then on Thursday, we packed my stuff, and then his stuff, into a 24-foot truck, which took a looong time. Thank goodness the entire Buccieri clan was there to help (a clan that includes two very large, very strong brothers).

In order to avoid traffic, Nate and I decided we should head down in the middle of Thursday night, which would make parking the truck a lot easier, too. So, after the truck was all packed, we went to bed for a few hours, and then Nate, his brother Trevor and I left for Brooklyn at 4:30 AM on Friday. I had class at 9 AM that morning, so my plan was to follow them down, throw my car into a parking spot, and then hop on a train to school. Which is ultimately what happened. But the ride took longer then expected, because we didn't account for the fact that trucks weren't allowed on the Henry Hudson Parkway, so we ended up driving down the east side of Manhattan. It was fine in the end, it just took longer than necessary.

After class (during which, needless to say, I was a complete zombie), I went back to my new home to help unload the truck, which was already a good halfway done (again, thank goodness for those Buccieri boys!!). Then, to reward ourselves for a job well done, we went to the village for some drinks, but we were all so exhausted that we came back sooner than expected.
The Buccieri boys, patiently waiting for the Q.

We are still unpacking and organizing, but the place is almost done, and looking good. It's just a lot to handle on top of school. It'll be done eventually. :-)

No comments: