Thursday, July 12, 2007

Go See It

So, I went the other evening to see the new Harry Potter movie with Mitch and his girlfriend, Kathy. I loved it. It is definitely the best one to date. Of course, it's always better to have read the books first, but this is the first movie in the series during which I didn't feel like I'd be a little lost if I hadn't read the books. My brother pointed out, "They gave you just enough information before leaving the scene," which is a really accurate statement. They switched up some details, but all in all, it worked. And! It's only about 2 hours and 10 minutes long--the shortest of all the movies to date--for a book that was more than 800 pages long. The director, David Yates, (who also did a great made-for-TV film called The Girl in the Cafe) did a terrific job.

No comments: