Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Online Confessionals

They seem to be all the rage. Protected by the veil of anonymity, one can be fearless. Though a lot of these confessions/secrets are sometimes very disturbing, a lot of them are oddly comforting, and some are downright comical. No one I know (or so they say) has submitted a secret or confession to these sites. I have been tempted, but I will never, for fear of them being able to track my secret to my town, to my office, to my desk, to my computer, to my head. Really, I'm not paranoid. But there are a couple choice secrets that I will never commit to writing. Not in my journal, not on my blog, and not on an anonymous online abyss. They are just too secret. But I do enjoy reading them. It's the sensationalist in me.

Check out postsecret.com, grouphug.us, and notproud.com.

2 comments:

Kate said...

auuuugh! leave my blog alooooone!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, comment-spammers... the bane of bloggers everywhere. They are the sole reason my weblog now requires registration.

- rm