Friday, July 25, 2008

If My Life Were a Movie

I never get tired of this game. Friends and I have been known to wile away hours over cocktails discussing which actor would represent which person if all of a sudden our lives were to be turned into a movie with a Hollywood casting call to end all casting calls. So, I present here who would play the people in my life. There's little consistency in my choices--some actors are chosen because of looks, some are chosen because of mannerisms/character. But, click on the name of the actor/celebrity to see a photo if you're curious. Some will be left blank, because this game is far from finished. If anyone has anyone to add, or you think I have assigned you the wrong representative, or you have a better suggestion, please let me know. Also, these are subject to change with no warning.

Mom: Amy Madigan as Annie in Field of Dreams, particularly.
Dad: Harrison Ford because dad always liked Indiana Jones so much and they are now both completely gray.
Dylan: What's Eating Gilbert Grape-era Leonardo DiCaprio
Mitch: Elijah Wood not as Frodo Baggins.
Kathy: the lovely Kirsten Dunst
Kate: Chloe Sevigny--It's her vibe. Or something.
Kristie: Liv Tyler (complete with baby these days)
Amie:
Aaron: Lawrence Fishburne as Morpheus
Terry: Joe Pesci
Jan: Seth Rogen--the funny factor plays a big role here
Travis: Cold Mountain-era Jude Law
Nate: a young Tom Stoppard
Robin: Vanessa Ferlito
Erin: Laura Prepon. The voice. The Jersey. Can't deny it.
Fritzie: Natalie Merchant
Mike Hurley: Michael C. Hall as Dexter
Michael C.:
Justin:
Heather: Maggie Gyllenhaal
Duy: a young, Asian John Cusack. Or so he says.

As for me, I will cast the person I get compared to the most: Uma Thurman (from what I hear, especially in the Tagheuer ads).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But who's gonna play Steve Leon?

Erin O'Neill said...

Fritzie is Natalie Merchant! I never saw that before.

Kate said...

I know! We were out on Saturday night and she FORGOT her ID but the first bar we went to, she got in because the bartender said she looked like Natalie Merchant. I looked at her and was like, "Perfect!" And then we met two Welsh boys who told me I look like Sarah Jessica Parker. Way to be original. F went on to use her Times ID to get into this place called Lasouk. Fun times.

Fritzie said...

I am so grateful that Erin did not associate me with Natalie Merchant. I am a way better actress. I'll just play myself.

Kate said...

Fritzie--Natalie Merchant is pretty and talented. And she has long dark hair. It's not the WORST comparison ever. ;-)