Monday, February 18, 2008

A Random Synopsis of the Last Few Weeks

I've been super busy lately and therefore I am not maintaining my personal blog (i.e. this one) nearly as often as I'd like. Here are a few updates in bullet-point fashion if any of my loyal readership is at all interested:

  • I covered Super Tuesday by speaking with like, 30 Obama supporters, when all I needed was ONE Hillary supporter. (Read story here.)
  • Last Saturday I went to New Jersey to spend the afternoon with my Gram. That was good. Sometimes it feels really good to get out of the city. Though the suburbs do scare me. A lot.
  • Mitch moved into a new apartment over the weekend and out of the rathole he got stuck with after the fire. Thank goodness.
  • My internship at ABC rocks. And I can't say anything more about it or Disney will sue the pants off me.
  • I registered a Web site. . . . Soon, you'll be able to check out this blog, and everything else on earth I have any control over, on www.kathrynlurie.com. But not yet. I have to make it first. Funny how that works.
  • Leonard Nimoy was at school on Thursday to observe the Journalistic Judgment class, which I am not in. I did see him wandering around the school a bit afterward though. He's one of the founding benefactors of my school. Which makes him super cool in my book.
  • Just in time for the Oscars next weekend, I have finally completed the viewing of the last of the films that are nominated for Best Picture (a personal tradition going back years and years). I will write my own little one-line predictions in another post.
  • I have been pretty ill all weekend and I'm currently trying to will myself into writing my Craft piece for tomorrow. I can't exactly talk because my throat is raw from this crazy severe coughing and near-retching for the past 48 hours. Fun times.

No comments: