Thursday, May 24, 2007

Take Me Down to the Paradise City

So, over this past weekend I went to South Florida to visit Aaron and his mom and brother. He showed me around his new place, his new city. . . his new life. It was weird to see him in that context (knowing it wasn't just a vacation for him--he actually lives in paradise now), but it was also really cool. It was good to catch up and to see his mom, Kay, and to meet his brother Scott, who I have heard a lot about. The beaches were beautiful and the weather is devastatingly wonderful. I did my best to keep my jealousy of his fab new life at bay. We had a ton of awesome food, had some great conversations, went to the clubs, and gazed longingly at the 1,000,000,000,000 yachts all over the place in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and South Beach. It was really a great time.



P.S. Below is a video I took while we were driving through Miami--the streets were so full of water, it looked like a hurricane was just through the area.

No comments: