Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Top Five Pet Peeves About the Gym


1. People who do not use the cardio equipment during their scheduled time.
2. Women with long hair who don't put it up while they're working out. If you don't put your hair up, you're not there to break a sweat, and therefore don't belong at the gym at all.
3. People dropping weights. It startles me every time.
4. People who try to talk to me while I'm working out. Just don't.
5. Short shorts on guys. ANY guys. Ick.

Anyone have any other gym pet peeves I haven't thought of?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It annoys me when people sweat all over a machine and then don't clean it off. However, I once was even more annoyed @ the gym @ my school when some dumb freshmen was kind enough to clean off the treadmill she had been walking on (next to the one I was on), but apparantly not thinking clearly enough to realize that if she pointed the spray semi-at the rag, but straight at ME that I would get sprayed with cleaning solution. Who wants to suddenly feel random mists of cleaning solution fall on them? Ugh! :)

Kate said...

I've definitely had that happen to me as well. They should place the spray and paper towels as FAR away from the machines as possible. We should petition.

Kate said...

Michael! A pleasure to see you on my blog. But in response to your comment, you know I can't afford a private (or home) gym with an alt-weekly editor's salary. Hope all is going well in Syracuse... I promise to have those pics to you guys soon.